Today is Pi Day. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I’d like to share the pi image that I created above.
The ascii art image is composed of the first 333 digits of π. I used the following to count the digits for me…
Here’s a way to recreate the ascii pi…
- Get an image of pi from wikipedia…
- Use GIMP to convert the svg into a flattened png
- Use the png with this ascii art generator….
- Copy and paste the result into a text editor
- Replace the characters from the generator with the first 333 digits of pi…
You should now have an ascii pi image created from the first 333 digits of pi. You can copy and paste that into Inkscape to make a svg or png version.
– Set Free